Rocky Mountain Day Hike Tours
Maximize your time at Rocky Mountain N.P. by embarking on a day hike tour with one of our expert guides! Enjoy the assurance that comes with hiking with a guide who knows the area!
Taking a full day to hike in the mountain wonderland of Rocky Mountain National Park is something you’ll never forget! Join us for a guided day hike deep into the high peaks of the Continental Divide! Our day hike tours will take you to the waterfalls, wildlife, wildflowers, alpine meadows, and mountain summits in this breathtaking national park.
All day hikes include a professional guide, natural and cultural history interpretation, use of a backpack and trekking poles, snacks and a picnic lunch. We offer 7 options, each a distinct, hand-picked adventure to highlight amazing aspects of Rocky Mountain National Park. Give us a call at 800-715-HIKE (4453) to learn more or book your hike today!
Rocky Mountain Day Hikes
Sky Pond Private Day Hike
Continental Divide Summits Private Hike
Private Rocky Mountain Llama Day Hike
Private Longs Peak Day Hike
Chasm Lake Private Hike
Glacier Gorge Private Hike
Odessa Gorge Private Hike
Emerald Lake Private Snowshoe Tour
Full Day Private Snowshoe Tour
Rocky Mountain Backpacking Trips
Rocky Mountain Llama Treks
Rocky Mountain Basecamp Tours
Rocky Mountain Inn-based Tours
Rocky Mountain Snowshoe Tours
MORE ABOUT ROCKY MOUNTAIN DAY HIKES
CHOOSING A DAY HIKE IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS
Each of our seven Rocky Mountain National Park day hikes offers a distinct, hand-picked adventure.
Looking for a long, adventurous hike up a mountain peak? Join us for an inspiring climb to Hallett Peak, which rises over the Continental Divide at 12,718 feet. You’ll climb above Bear Lake and Emerald Lake and ascend Flattop Mountain to take in incredible views. The trail will take you through an ancient glacial landscape, including Tyndall Glacier and Glacier Gorge. After a rocky final ascent of Hallett Peak, you’ll be treated to a jaw-dropping view at the top.
One of the best ways to experience Rocky Mountain alpine lakes is on our Chasm Lake Day Hike. Trek through dense spruce-fir forests on your way to Chasm Lake, situated at the base of famous Longs Peak (14,259 feet). You’ll enjoy breathtaking views of The Diamond and Mount Lady Washington (13,281 feet). Learn about the geological history of Colorado’s mountain cirques from your expert guide.
Winter is one of the most beautiful seasons to visit the Rocky Mountains. Snowshoes and trekking poles are included as we take a snowshoe trek through an alpine wonderland. The adventure begins at Bear Lake at the base of Tyndall Gorge carved by Tyndall Glacier. Trek past Dream, Nymph and Emerald lakes, then take in majestic views of Longs Peak, Hallett Peak and Flattop Mountain.
BENEFITS OF A ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK DAY HIKE
A day hike with Wildland Trekking will let you immerse yourself in world-renowned landscapes while we take care of the logistics. Even if you have only one day to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, our knowledgeable and experienced guides will help you make the most of your time.
Wildland Trekking is all about orchestrating every detail for an unforgettable hike. We provide gourmet meals and top-shelf gear, so you can travel light — just bring hiking shoes, extra layers, plenty of water and a sense of wonder.
New to guided tours? Here are a few reasons to go guided:
- Hassle-free hiking: We handle all the details, including itineraries, gear, meals and local transportation.
- Professional guides: Tackle an alpine mountain trek with confidence as you follow one of our medically trained guides.
- Natural and cultural history: Our expert guides will enrich your hike with their knowledge of the area’s history.
Learn more about our Rocky Mountain National Park tours and each of our day hikes in the Rocky Mountains, and contact us seven days a week with any questions. See you on the trails!
ROCKY MOUNTAIN VISITOR INFORMATION
TIPS FOR VISITING ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- VISITING ROCKY MOUNTAIN: Get info on what to do, when to visit, how to get there, best hikes, best tours and more.
- BEST TIME TO VISIT ROCKY MOUNTAIN: Find detailed information about when to visit the Rocky based on what you want to do and see.
- WHAT TO SEE IN ROCKY MOUNTAIN IN ONE DAY: Only have one day at Rocky Mountain National Park? Make the most of it by following our expert tips!
- BEST ROCKY MOUNTAIN TOURS: Learn about the top tours and recommended companies for fishing, rafting, photography hiking and more!
- BEST ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIKES: Find out what our top recommended hikes are with recommended pack lists and more.
- HOW TO HIKE LONGS PEAK: Learn what it takes to hike Longs Peak – training, packing, route information and more!
- VISITING IN THE SPRING: Find about everything you need to know about visiting in the spring months of March through May.
- VISITING IN THE SUMMER: Find about everything you need to know about visiting in the summer months of June through August.
- VISITING IN THE FALL: Find about everything you need to know about visiting in the autumn months of September through November.
- VISITING IN THE WINTER: Find about everything you need to know about visiting in the winter months of December through February.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN BACKPACKING PERMITS: Learn about the national park backpacking permit system and how to secure permits for your trip.