Full Day Private Snowshoe Tour
Estes Park, CO5.0 (3 reviews)
- Full Day of Snowshoeing
- Stunning Mountain Scenery
- Private Snowshoeing Experience
- Gear, Snacks, Lunch Provided
- Frozen Lakes
- Potential Wildlife Viewing
Be prepared for a full day of alpine wonderland exploration on this Rocky Mountain National Park snowshoe tour! We will experience a spectrum of terrain and changing weather as you will be out the entire day. Our full day tour will truly be a custom adventure, your guide will work with you and gauge the best options for what you desire. Snacks, lunch, and warm drinks are provided during the full day tour.
For those seeking a challenging all day hike, we will travel to Black Lake. In order to complete our full hike, this tour will require an early departure. Starting from Glacier Gorge trailhead, your guide will lead you on trails less traveled. We’ll pass by Mill’s Lake, and the crowds will begin to dissipate, as we gain elevation. This region is seldom visited in winter, resulting in deeper snowpack and ample opportunities for off-trail hiking. Reaching our destination, we ascend above the tree line to gaze upon the awe-striking summits of Mount Pagoda, the Spearhead, and Long’s Peak.
Perhaps your ambition is to take it slow and embrace being in nature, take photographs, or learn about Rocky Mountain National Park. Whatever your pace or goal, our experienced guides will ensure you have a safe, fun, and memorable experience on your all-day adventure.
$190-$450 Per Person
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3
This tour has up to 1,440 feet of elevation gain and loss over 7-9 miles, depending on whether we reach Black Lake. Some groups choose to turn back earlier, which does not impact the quality of the trip because of the stunning scenery throughout our entire journey.
- Level 1: 2-6 miles, less than 500 feet elevation change on good trails
- Level 2: 3-8 miles, up to 2000 feet of elevation change on good trails
- Level 3: 4-10 miles, up to 3000 feet of elevation change on good to rugged trails
- Level 4: 4-12 miles, up to 4000 feet of elevation change on rugged trails or off trail
- Level 5: 6-16 miles, up to 5,500 feet of elevation change on rugged trails or off trail
SOLITUDE LEVEL 4
- Level 1: around other hikers the entire time
- Level 2: around other hikers most of the time
- Level 3: around other hikers some of the time
- Level 4: see a couple other groups during the hike
- Level 5: most likely to have the trail to ourselves