Sky Pond Private Day Hike
Estes Park, CO5.0 (7 reviews)
- Numerous Alpine Lakes & Views
- Wildlife & Wildflowers
- Mountain Cirque
- Top-shelf Backpack & Trekking Poles
- Amazing Natural & Cultural History
- Tasty Trail Snacks & Picnic Lunch
Sky Pond is one of Rocky Mountain National Park’s most breathtaking destinations. Situated just below the Continental Divide, at 11,000 FT in elevation, this region makes one feel as if they are deep in mountain wilderness. The eight mile round trip hike is defined by its outstanding sub-alpine forests, waterfalls, alpine lakes, and wildlife viewing opportunities. The surrounding cliffs and spires are common areas to view rock climbers while we enjoy lunch along the shore line.
This Day Hike Adventure begins with a pick up from your hotel in Estes Park, with a short drive to the Glacier Gorge Trailhead (9,200 FT). Our trail gradually gains elevation while featuring occasional flat sections below the cliffs and along shorelines. The trail stops as we ascend Timberline Falls, to the aptly named Lake of Glass and Sky Pond. At once we are embraced with astonishing views of the Continental Divide and Colorado Front Range. Breaking for a picnic lunch in this mountain cirque is sure to be one of the highlights of your time in Rocky Mountain.
$115-$525 Per Person
Season: July - Oct 15
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3
Scale of 1-5. 1 is least difficult; 5 is most difficult
This hike is a very steep out and back hike on well-maintained trails. The final section to Sky Pond necessitates scrambling up boulders using hands and feet. Early season, June – Mid July can require use of micro spikes to access Sky Pond.
Max Daily Elev. ↑↓:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS TRIP
- Hiking uphill or downhill with a 8-12 lb backpack for 7-8 hours
- Maintaining balance and footing on moderately rugged terrain
- Hiking with moderate heights exposure
SOLITUDE LEVEL 3
- Level 1: around other hikers the entire time
- Level 2: around other hikers most of the time
- Level 3: around other hikers some of the time
- Level 4: see a couple other groups during the hike
- Level 5: most likely to have the trail to ourselves
This hike is offered exclusively as a private tour.
Leave a Reply