more about north carolina hiking vacations
WHY A NORTH CAROLINA HIKING VACATION?
The mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee offer a wealth of opportunities for a rich and rewarding hiking vacation. Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a lush, stunning national park with a phenomenal network of hiking trails that take adventurous visitors to waterfalls, breathtaking viewpoints, high mountain ridges, deep valleys, incredibly biodiverse ecosystems, and historical sites. The Blue Ridge Mountains outside Asheville offer many of the same highlights but with fewer people and amazing geologic phenomena. The opportunity to explore these eastern mountains is one our guests remember forever.
BENEFITS OF AN APPALACHIAN HIKING TOUR
Many people choose to hike North Carolina and Tennessee on guided tours, and many choose to hike on their own. The benefits of joining an Appalachian hiking tour with Wildland Trekking are many:
- Let us take care of permits, local transportation, gear, meals and more so you can focus 100% on the hiking experience.
- Travel light without having to pack and travel with all the camping/backpacking gear necessary on backcountry hikes.
- Eat like a king or queen with fantastic Appalachian cuisine, regardless of whether you join a camping or inn-based tour.
- Learn about the amazing natural and cultural history of Appalachia
- Enjoy an increased level of safety as you hike with professional guides.
WHICH TRIP STYLE IS BEST FOR YOU?
In North Carolina and Tennessee we offer Appalachian backpacking trips, portered treks, inn-based hiking tours, paddle and hike trips, and day hike tours. Backpacking trips are best for guests looking to challenge themselves and experience the wilder side of Appalachia. Portered treks are for folks who want to hike and camp in the backcountry but hike with light backpacks. Inn-based tours offer the opportunity to enjoy a diverse and exceptional selection of hikes and wonderful, local accommodations and meals at night. Our paddle and hike trips combine lake kayaking with hiking and, on the multi-day tour, camping. And our day hikes are for people who want to make the most of their time in Appalachia, but who have limited time. Whichever trip style you choose, we’ll make your North Carolina hiking trip an unforgettable adventure!