MORE ABOUT WASHINGTON STATE HIKING TOURS
WHY A PACIFIC NORTHWEST HIKING VACATION?
Picture yourself hiking through a deep, lush rainforest with sporadic rays of light beaming through breaks in the near-opaque canopy. You detect a low murmur that, as you hike along the trail, slowly grows into a roar and eventually you are standing on the shore of a rushing, glacial-fed river. In the distance, snow-capped, jagged peaks soar above the surrounding valleys. We work our way along the shore, discovering more views, more breathtaking scenery. Perhaps a waterfall comes into view, or a bighorn sheep, or an old growth forest. We may end up above treeline, gazing down on the Pacific Ocean or on an ancient glacier. Or maybe some hot springs or a group of bald eagles. You soak it up, absorbed by the wonder of the Pacific Northwest. This is Washington State, and it’s endlessly awe-inspiring!
WHICH NATIONAL PARK SHOULD I HIKE?
We offer guided hiking and backpacking tours in Olympic National Park, Mount Rainier National Park, and North Cascades National Park. Olympic is a coastal park with deep wilderness, rain forests, waterfalls, spectacular coastal hiking, wildlife, glaciers, and – as you can see – incredible diversity of scenery. We offer Olympic National Park backpacking trips, inn-based Olympic hiking tours, and a basecamp tour that visits Olympic and Rainier. Mount Rainier is a glacial-draped volcano with wildflower-laden meadows, alpine lakes, incredible views, waterfalls, and wildlife, We offer inn-based Rainier hiking tours, day hike tours, and the basecamp tour that visits Rainier and Olympic. Finally, we offer backpacking trips in North Cascades National Park, which is one of America’s most amazing mountain parks with phenomenal scenery, incredibly jagged peaks, pristine lakes, glaciers and wildlife. Whichever destination you choose, it will be an unforgettable hiking adventure!
HIKE ON MY OWN OR JOIN A HIKING TOUR?
Many people hike on their own in Washington State, and many people join hiking tours. There are several significant benefits to joining a Wildland Trekking tour:
- Enjoy the best hiking trails in Washington’s national parks, as we have hand-picked what we consider the must-do hikes in each park.
- We worry about almost all the logistics so you don’t have to: permits, fees, accommodations, delicious food, top-of-the-line gear, local transportation and more!
- Travel light and stress-free as we take care of equipment and meal planning.
- Learn about the amazing natural and cultural history of the Pacific Northwest.
- Enjoy a higher level of safety as you hike with a professional, certified trekking guide.