Sedona Day Hikes
Maximize your time in Sedona by embarking on a day hike tour with one of our expert guides! Enjoy the assurance that comes with hiking with a guide who knows the area!
Taking a full day to hike in, and learn about, the Red Rock wonderland of Sedona is something you’ll never forget! Join us for a guided day hike deep into the canyons of this truly spectacular area! Our day hike tours will take you to the sandstone towers, hidden canyons, spires, viewpoints, spring-fed creeks, mountain tops and geologic wonders of this breathtaking natural area. You’ll learn about the phenomenal natural and cultural history of the area, which includes geological, ecological, and cultural wonders.
All Sedona day hikes include a professional Sedona hiking guide/naturalist, use of a backpack and trekking poles, snacks and a picnic lunch. We offer 6 options, each a distinct, hand-picked adventure to highlight amazing aspects of Sedona. If you’re interested in multiple hikes, you might consider joining one of our Sedona Backpacking Trips or Inn-based Sedona Hiking Tours. Give us a call at 800-715-HIKE (4453) to learn more or book your hike today!
Wildland Trekking is a permittee of the USFS, Red Rock Ranger District.
TOP GUIDED HIKING TRIPS
- Top Hiking Package – Red Rock Adventurer
- Top Camping – Sedona Basecamp Tour
- Top Combo Tour – Grand Canyon & Sedona
- Most Popular Day Hike – Cathedral Rock
- Guides Choice Day Hike – Mitten Ridge
- Best One Day Summit – Bear Mountain
- Best Family Hike – Wet Beaver Creek
- Grand Canyon from Sedona – Discovery Tour
Sedona Day Hike Tours
Grand Canyon & Sedona Day Hike Combo
Mitten Ridge Private Hike
Bear Mountain Private Hike
Cathedral Rock Private Hike
North Wilson Mountain Private Hike
Wet Beaver Creek Private Hike
Sedona Backpacking Trips
Sedona Inn-based Tours
Sedona Basecamp Tours
MORE ABOUT SEDONA DAY HIKES
WHY A DAY HIKE IN SEDONA?
Sedona, Arizona and the surrounding red rock landscape offers an abundance of outdoor activity options for adventurous travelers. But hiking stands alone in its ability to initimately connect guests with the magic of Sedona. Picture yourself hiking beneath a huge Southwest sky with towering sandstone buttes, pinnacles, formations, towers and mesas all around you. We’re literally hiking in the footsteps of ancient peoples as we explore the geology, ecology, and beauty of Northern Arizona’s high desert canyons. Some of our hikes summit desert peaks, others traverse extended canyons or visit desert oases. All are incredible days that include gear, snacks, lunch and transportation.
WILDLAND TREKKING DAY HIKE EXPERIENCE
Going on a day hike with Wildland Trekking is a choice thousands of people make every year in national parks and wild lands all across the United States and the world. Sedona, while not a national park, is an area that deserves your full attention to make the most of it. Our guides pick you up at your hotel; provide you with a backpack and trekking poles; keep you energeized with tasty snacks and a picnic lunch; and act as your host, guide, and educator in one of America’s most amazing natural landscapes. Sedona’s amazing wilderness will come to life through the guide’s knowledge, passion, and love for the area!
GRAND CANYON HIKING TOURS FROM SEDONA
Most of our day hikes explore the canyon country around the town of Sedona, but we also offer tours that go to the Grand Canyon from Sedona. We have a 2-day hiking package that visits Grand Canyon one day, and Sedona the next. This tour includes transportation both days. And our Grand Canyon Discovery Tour is a 1-day (full day) tour from Sedona or Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon. Finally, we have a multi-day inn-based tour that includes two day hikes near Sedona, two day hikes in Grand Canyon, lodging, all your meals, transportation and more!
Sedona VISITOR INFORMATION
TIPS FOR VISITING sedona
- VISITING SEDONA: Learn about Sedona’s top highlights, best hikes, best tours, and more!
- WHEN TO VISIT SEDONA: Get information on every month of the year and find out which one will work best for you.
- 10 BEST SEDONA HIKES: See our recommendations of the 10 best hikes in Sedona – these are outstanding!
- TOP SEDONA TOURS: Learn about the best tours to do, including hiking, rock climbing, jeep tours, and more.
- WHAT TO SEE IN SEDONA IN ONE DAY: Find out how to make the very most of one day in Sedona.
- HOW TO COMBINE SEDONA WITH THE GRAND CANYON: Learn everything you need to know about combining these two epic destinations.