Yellowstone Day Hike Tours
Maximize your time in Yellowstone by embarking on a day hike tour with one of our expert guides! Enjoy the assurance that comes with hiking with a guide who knows the area!
Geysers, lakes and mountain peaks. A diverse array of flora and fauna. It’s easy to see why Yellowstone is one of the most popular national parks in the U.S! Enrich your experience of Yellowstone National Park by joining one of our day hikes. We’ll trek away from the crowds and highways to absorb the magic of Yellowstone’s backcountry. No need to bring any gear — we’ll provide a top-shelf backpack, trekking poles, bear spray, a picnic lunch and trail snacks. Learn about the rich history of the park from your professional guide and naturalist.
Check out our six hand-selected day hikes or two snowshoe day tours in Yellowstone National Park to find your next once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Yellowstone Day Hikes
Bunsen Peak Private Hike
Seven Mile Hole Private Hike
Fairy Falls Private Hike
Private Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
Private Mystic Falls Loop
Lamar River Private Hike
Yellowstone Backpacking Trips
Yellowstone Llama Treks
Yellowstone Basecamp Tours
Yellowstone Inn-based Tours
Yellowstone Snowshoe Tours
MORE ABOUT YELLOWSTONE DAY HIKE TOURS
CHOOSING A YELLOWSTONE DAY HIKE
On our Yellowstone guided day hikes, you’ll encounter meadows, rivers, lakes, waterfalls and stunning views of mountain peaks and valleys. Join us off the beaten path and immerse yourself in Yellowstone’s wilderness.
For a challenging peak ascent and breathtaking views, our guides’ choice is the Bunsen Peak Day Hike. The trailhead is near historic Fort Yellowstone, a hallmark of the area’s rich cultural history. As we scale the mountain, you’ll learn about the park’s geologic and botanical diversity from your knowledgeable guide. At the 8,527-foot summit, enjoy views of the Yellowstone River Valley.
Our Yellowstone day tours offer a range of difficulty and solitude levels. Want a shorter hike on good trails? Consider our Mystic Falls Loop Day Hike. You’ll experience a stunning Yellowstone waterfall and walk a section of the historic Continental Divide Trail. Are you looking for a more rugged experience away from other hiking groups? Check out the Seven-mile Hole Day Hike which takes us to the bottom of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
BENEFITS OF A YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK DAY HIKE
On a Wildland Trekking tour, spend the day exploring the majesty of Yellowstone with the best gear, a gourmet lunch and one of our exceptional guides. Our all-inclusive hiking trips mean you can spend less time planning and more time immersing yourself in the wilderness. We’ll pack Yellowstone National Park’s world-renowned sites into one unforgettable day on the trails.
Here are a few more reasons to embark on a Wildland Trekking experience:
- Proven track record: Wildland Trekking is the top-rated company and activity on Yellowstone’s TripAdvisor page.
- Human bonding: Our intimate group tours bring solo hikers, couples and families together.
- Medically trained guides: Your certified guide will carry a field-issued first aid kit, a list of medical protocols and a satellite phone.
YELLOWSTONE VISITOR INFORMATION
TIPS FOR VISITING YELLOWSTONE
- VISITING YELLOWSTONE: Learn about Yellowstone National Park’s hiking trails, tours, seasonal benefits and drawbacks and more!
- WHEN TO VISIT YELLOWSTONE: Get all the information you need to plan the perfect trip to Yellowstone at the best time of year.
- TOP YELLOWSTONE TOURS: Get your top picks for worthwhile tours, including hiking, backpacking, boating, road tours, fishing and more.
- 12 BEST YELLOWSTONE HIKING TRAILS: Learn about the best hiking trails to do on your own, with kids, to see waterfalls, geysers and more.
- WHAT TO SEE IN YELLOWSTONE IN ONE DAY: Make the most of one day in America’s first national park with expert advice.
- HOW TO HIKE IN BEAR COUNTRY: Hiking in grizzly country requires specific knowledge, tips and techniques. Read our introduction to bear country.
- YELLOWSTONE BACKPACKING PERMITS: Learn about the backpacking permit process which allows backcountry camping.
- TOP 5 YELLOWSTONE BACKPACKING TRIPS: Read about our top 5 favorite backpacking trips in Yellowstone National Park.