Flagstaff, AZ5.0 (14 reviews)
- 2 Nights at Havasu Falls
- 1 Night at Grand Canyon
- Iconic Grand Canyon Hike
- Swimming in Idyllic Pools
- Descend below Mooney Falls
- Restaurant Dinner near the South Rim
- Amazing Natural & Cultural History
Do you want to see the best of the Grand Canyon all in one trip? If so, our Havasupai Premier Tour is for you! Combining the magic of Havasu Falls with an experience of Grand Canyon National Park, we hit the top highlights of the Grand Canyon in just four days. This backpacking trip features 2 nights of camping at Havasu Falls, a night of lodging near the South Rim, dinner on the rim, and finally the quintessential views of a day hike down the famous South Kaibab Trail.
The Havasu Falls portion of the trip includes a professional Grand Canyon hiking guide, camping reservations (tribal fees are added separately), hiking and camping gear, roundtrip transportation from Flagstaff, all your meals and more. At Grand Canyon National Park this tour includes transportation from Havasu Falls to the Park, one night of lodging, dinner at the Rim, a guided day hike into the Grand Canyon, and breakfast and lunch the final day.
Need to Know: Currently No Havasu Falls Tours
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be operating Havasu Falls tours until further notice. We hope to continue operating tours to Havasu Falls in the future. In the meantime, we offer award-winning hiking and trekking vacations to other incredible Southwest destinations! Check out more of our Arizona Adventures.
HAVASUPAI TRIBAL FEES
Havasupai Tour rates (per person) are broken down into two fees:
- The Wildland guided tour rate: this rate covers everything we provide, which includes local transportation, guides, meals, transport of supplies and personal items (not on backpacking trip), camping gear, camping reservations, safety equipment, and more.
- Havasupai Tribal Fees: the Havasupai Tribal fees are added when you register and cover a per-person entrance fee, environmental fee, and per night camping fees plus 10% tax (the tribe’s fees are higher for commercial companies than for individuals visiting on their own). These fees are dictated annually by – and passed in their entirety to – the Havasupai Tribe.
Please Note: all discounts apply only to the Wildland rate, not to the Tribal Fees.
If you have any questions about our rates or the tribal fees, feel free to call us at 1-800-715-HIKE (4453)!
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3
Our difficulty ratings are based on a scale of 1-5, tours with a rating of 1 being least difficult, tours with a rating of 5 being most difficult
- Backpack Weight:
- 25-35 lbs
- Daily Hiking Distances:
- 7-10 miles
- Most Elevation Loss:
- 2400 feet
- Most Elevation Gain:
- 2400 feet
- Quality of Trails:
- Well used, primitive
- This trip requires hiking 10 miles (with 2400 feet of elevation loss) to the Havasu Falls campground with 25-35 lb backpacks. Once in camp all hiking is done with light packs until we hike out on the final day (again, 10 miles, with 2400 feet of elevation gain, 25-35 lb backpacks).
The hiking trail begins with downhill switchbacks but after the initial descent is at a very moderate grade most of the way. On our day hike below the campground the trail descends a tall cliff at Mooney Falls on bolts and ladders. This section is very exposed but going below Mooney is optional.
The final day’s hike in Grand Canyon National Park is on an established trail with significant elevation loss/gain of 1000-2000 feet.
- be active and healthy
- exercise at least twice per week
- be comfortable hiking 8-10 miles per day in hilly or mountainous terrain with a 25 lb backpack and taking occasional breaks
SOLITUDE LEVEL 2
1 least solitude, 5 most solitude
We rate this Grand Canyon hike a solitude 2 because the trail to Havasupai is well-used, but below Mooney Falls we’ll see far fewer people. You can expect as much as an hour of solitude at a time once we’re several miles into the Canyon. Weekends, and especially holiday weekends, tend to be very busy so if traveling during these periods expect to be around other hikers most of the time.
WHY WE BASE IN FLAGSTAFF VS. PHOENIX VS. PHOENIX
- Reduced drive time by 3 hours on first day of hiking
- Guide support is only an hour away vs. 4-5 hours away in Phoenix.
- Increased flexibility with unforeseen circumstances
- Flagstaff is a scenic mountain town with great hiking and restaurants!
Groome Transportation operates an Arizona Shuttle that makes 9 dependable trips daily each direction between Phoenix and Flagstaff. The duration is 2.5-3 hours. They pickup/drop off at Sky Harbor Airport and the Metro Center in Phoenix, and in Flagstaff at the Amtrak Station (near downtown) and the NAU campus.
Note: Groome also offers daily transportation (3 trips in each direction) from Flagstaff to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix has a fantastic car rental facility that is easily accessible and hosts a great variety of companies. We recommend checking Priceline.com as well for especially good deals.
Arizona Executive Transport
Arizona Executive Transport offers private, reliable SUV service between Phoenix and Flagstaff. This option is best if you’re traveling in a group of 3 or 4. As Wildland Trekking guests, your one-way cost for up to 4 passengers is only $275. Simply type “Wildland Trekking Company” in the Discount Code Box at the bottom of the online registration page. You can go to http://www.arizonaexecutivellc.com to make your reservations online.
Traveling in perfect company is a wonderful thing! With our private trip offerings you can book a trip exclusively for your group. Whether it’s with family, friends or colleagues, private trips are a fun and enriching way to explore the outdoors.
Private trip pricing is based on a sliding scale, depending on the number of people in your party. Rates are per person and do not include sales tax and national park fees (where applicable) or guide gratuity. Give us a call at 800-715-HIKE to get the ball rolling!
Private Rates FOr This Trip
- 2 People: Rate x 2
- 3 People: Rate x 1.3
- 4 People: Rate x 1.1
- 5+ People: Rate x 1
*all rates are per person