Flagstaff, AZ5.0 (14 reviews)
- 2 Nights at Havasu Falls
- 1 Night at Grand Canyon
- Iconic Grand Canyon Hike
- Swimming in Idyllic Pools
- Descend below Mooney Falls
- Restaurant Dinner near the South Rim
- Amazing Natural & Cultural History
Do you want to see the best of the Grand Canyon all in one trip? If so, our Havasupai Premier Tour is for you! Combining the magic of Havasu Falls with an experience of Grand Canyon National Park, we hit the top highlights of the Grand Canyon in just four days. This backpacking trip features 2 nights of camping at Havasu Falls, a night of lodging near the South Rim, dinner on the rim, and finally the quintessential views of a day hike down the famous South Kaibab Trail.
The Havasu Falls portion of the trip includes a professional Grand Canyon hiking guide, camping reservations (tribal fees are added separately), hiking and camping gear, roundtrip transportation from Flagstaff, all your meals and more. At Grand Canyon National Park this tour includes transportation from Havasu Falls to the Park, one night of lodging, dinner at the Rim, a guided day hike into the Grand Canyon, and breakfast and lunch the final day.
Need to Know: Currently No Havasu Falls Tours
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be operating Havasu Falls tours until further notice. We hope to continue operating tours to Havasu Falls in the future. In the meantime, we offer award-winning hiking and trekking vacations to other incredible Southwest destinations! Check out more of our Arizona Adventures.
HAVASUPAI TRIBAL FEES
Havasupai Tour rates (per person) are broken down into two fees:
- The Wildland guided tour rate: this rate covers everything we provide, which includes local transportation, guides, meals, transport of supplies and personal items (not on backpacking trip), camping gear, camping reservations, safety equipment, and more.
- Havasupai Tribal Fees: the Havasupai Tribal fees are added when you register and cover a per-person entrance fee, environmental fee, and per night camping fees plus 10% tax (the tribe’s fees are higher for commercial companies than for individuals visiting on their own). These fees are dictated annually by – and passed in their entirety to – the Havasupai Tribe.
Please Note: all discounts apply only to the Wildland rate, not to the Tribal Fees.
If you have any questions about our rates or the tribal fees, feel free to call us at 1-800-715-HIKE (4453)!
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3
Scale of 1-5. 1 is least difficult; 5 is most difficult
By Grand Canyon standards the hike to the Havasupai Waterfalls is a moderate trip. Elevation change from the trailhead to the campground is 2400 feet but spread out over 10 miles, making it a gradual descent/ascent. There is an optional day hike to Beaver Falls that requires an extremely exposed, vertical down climb on bolts and ladders secured to a cliff. If you have a fear of heights, you may choose to stay in camp on this day.
Max Daily Elev. ↑↓:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS TRIP
- Hiking uphill or downhill with a 25-35 lb backpack for 7-9 hours
- Maintaining balance and footing on lightly rugged terrain
- Hiking in 105+ degree farenheit ambient temps may be required. Learn more about desert heat.
- Hiking with extreme heights exposure if you choose to join the day hike to Beaver Falls (optional)
SOLITUDE LEVEL 2
1 least solitude, 5 most solitude
We rate this Grand Canyon hike a solitude 2 because the trail to Havasupai is well-used, but below Mooney Falls we’ll see far fewer people. You can expect as much as an hour of solitude at a time once we’re several miles into the Canyon. Weekends, and especially holiday weekends, tend to be very busy so if traveling during these periods expect to be around other hikers most of the time.
Travel in perfect company by booking a private trip exclusively for your group!
Our sliding scale for private trips is based on the final number of guests in your group. Rates are per person and do not include sales tax, national park fees or guide gratuity. The final rate is based on the actual number of guests on the trip and may adjust based on cancellations or additions.
Please Note: you can also enjoy a private trip at our normal scheduled rates by filling any empty tour to capacity. However, if group members drop from the tour those spots will automatically become available on our website for instant booking. By purchasing a private trip at the rates listed below, your trip will remain exclusive to your group regardless of cancellations.
Private Rates FOr This Trip
- 2 People: Rate x 2.5
- 3 People: Rate x 1.75
- 4 People: Rate x 1.25
- 5+ People: Rate x 1.15
*all rates are per person
Leave a Reply