Cusco Acclimatization Cultural Day Tour
- Amazing Inca & Colonial Sites
- Designed for Acclimatization
- Full Day of Activities
- Expert, Knowledgeable Guides
- Comfortable Transportation
- Snacks, Lunch & Drinking Water Included
This add-on acclimatization cultural Peru tour combines the best historic and cultural sites in and around Cusco, Peru. This amazing city was considered the navel of the world to the Inca and was the heart of the Inca empire. Sitting up at an altitude above 11,000 feet, it is important to allow your body to adjust properly before traveling or trekking in higher elevations. This all-inclusive tour is a great way to spend an acclimatization day experiencing the intriguing culture of Peru, enjoying a wonderful Peruvian lunch prepared by our outdoor chef and exploring interesting Inca and colonial historic sites.
Our tour will start with our expert certified guide picking you up from your hotel in Cusco. We will travel in a large comfortable van to our first Inca site, Saqsayhuaman. This XI century site has outstanding examples of the famous Incan architecture and building techniques that they are best known for. The sweeping views overlooking Cusco and the surrounding Andean mountains are just an added bonus to our first stop. After showing and explaining this area our guide will show you a few other historic and culturally significant Incan ruin sites; Puka Pukara, an ancient Incan fortress, and one of the largest huacas or holy places near Cusco, Q’uenqo the Mother Earth Temple.
After visiting these unique Incan sites, it will be time to meet our professional chef for lunch. We’ll enjoy the cuisine Peru is so famous for in an outdoor setting. The set-up will be similar to what you will experience during our treks with a dinning tent. After lunch and a few souvenir shopping opportunities, we’ll head back to the Cusco city center at Plaza de Armas. Here we will visit a few of the city’s most interesting and historically significant sites; the colonial era Cusco Cathedral and the Incan Sun Temple, Qoricancha. Both of these contrasting sites show the different cultural backgrounds of this significant Peruvian city and are truly fascinating.
Come make the most of your acclimatization day on this all-inclusive tour with a full day of exploring the must-see cultural and historic sites surrounding Cusco with our expert guide(s)!
$300 Per Person
$330 Per Person
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 1
- Level 1: 2-6 miles, less than 500 feet elevation change on good trails
- Level 2: 3-8 miles, up to 2000 feet of elevation change on good trails
- Level 3: 4-10 miles, up to 3000 feet of elevation change on good to rugged trails
- Level 4: 4-12 miles, up to 4000 feet of elevation change on rugged trails or off trail
- Level 5: 6-16 miles, up to 5,500 feet of elevation change on rugged trails or off trail
SOLITUDE LEVEL 1
- Level 1: around other hikers the entire time
- Level 2: around other hikers most of the time
- Level 3: around other hikers some of the time
- Level 4: see a couple other groups during the hike
- Level 5: most likely to have the trail to ourselves
Travel to and from Cusco are the guest’s responsibility. Multiple airlines operate flights into Cusco, and nearly all connect through Lima. You can reach Lima from many U.S. and European international airports. Some of the primary U.S. departure cities include Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Minneapolis, Chicago, New Orleans, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, and Los Angeles. The duration of nonstop flights to Lima is 5-9 hours. The duration of flights from Lima to Cusco is 80 minutes.