Grand Canyon Basecamp Tours
Our Grand Canyon camping tours are adventurous, outdoor trips that take you deep into the Grand Canyon on challenging day hikes and return you to the rim each afternoon for shade, showers and exceptional meals around a campfire!
A Basecamp Hiking Tour is a fantastic way to have an adventurous outdoor experience of the world renowned Grand Canyon while hiking with only a light daypack and sleeping soundly in the cool pines of the South or North Rim. Led by an expert Grand Canyon guide, we’ll set up camp in an established campground (with showers) and embark on a series of unforgettable hikes along the rim and into the depths of the Grand Canyon! We provide all the gear, meals, transportation, and permits and fees, so you can relax and enjoy this amazing park.
We offer two basecamp trips: a 3-day tour that focuses on three fantastic hikes off the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, and a tour that includes four days of hiking on the North Rim. On both options we’ll camp in forested campgrounds inside the National Park. We provide exceptional guides, top-of-the-line gear, fantastic meals, transportation (from Flagstaff, Arizona), and a total commitment to fun, safety and comfort!
Give us a call at 1-800-715-HIKE (4453) to learn more about any of our Basecamp Grand Canyon hiking tours!
Grand Canyon Basecamp Tours
Grand Canyon Basecamp Tour
South Rim Basecamp Tour
Grand Canyon Backpacking Trips
Grand Canyon Mule-assisted Hikes
Grand Canyon Inn-based Tours
Grand Canyon Day Hike Tours
MORE ABOUT Grand Canyon Basecamp Tours
IS A BASECAMP TOUR RIGHT FOR ME?
Our Grand Canyon basecamp hiking tours are fantastic for guests looking to have a diverse hiking experience of the Grand Canyon and a general outdoor experience, particularly in the late spring, summer and early fall. The bottom of the Grand Canyon gets extremely hot in the summer (105+ degrees fahrenheit in the shade), but the rims are still quite nice as they are 4500-5500 feet higher than the bottom of the Canyon. That’s a massive difference! What it means is that while a hike to the bottom isn’t right for everyone in the warmer months, a fantastic hiking and camping experience can still be had. Our basecamp tours also provide a very high level of value – transportation, meals, gear, entrance fees, permits, and guides are all included in the trip cost!
THE WILDLAND BASECAMP HIKING EXPERIENCE
On our Grand Canyon basecamp tours you can expect to enjoy a comfortable, outdoor experience at the South or North Rim while getting fantastic hikes in and eating wonderful meals. You’ll get to know the Grand Canyon by hiking multiple trails like the South Kaibab, Bright Angel, North Kaibab, Grandview and more! And you get to focus 100% on the Canyon and on hiking while your guide(s) take care of everything.
WHEN TO DO A GRAND CANYON BASECAMP TOUR?
We offer basecamp tours at the Grand Canyon in late spring, summer and early fall. As mentioned above, the rims are 4500-5500 feet higher than the bottom of the Canyon. The South Rim is at approximately 7000 feet, and the North Rim is at approximately 8000 feet. At these elevations spring can remain quite cool and fall temperatures can dip low. But in the shoulder months and the summer, it’s perfect, because while the bottom of the Canyon gets too hot for many people, the rims are perfect!
GRAND CANYON VISITOR INFORMATION
TIPS FOR VISITING GRAND CANYON
- VISITING GRAND CANYON: Get info on what to do, when to visit, how to get there, best hikes, best tours and more.
- BEST TIME TO VISIT GRAND CANYON: Find detailed information about when to visit the Canyon based on what you want to do and see.
- WHAT TO SEE IN GRAND CANYON IN ONE DAY: Only have one day at Grand Canyon? Make the most of it by following our expert tips!
- BEST GRAND CANYON TOURS: Learn about the top tours and recommended companies for helicopter, rafting, cycling and more!
- BEST GRAND CANYON HIKES: Find out what our top 5 recommended day hikes are with recommended pack lists and more.
- TOP 5 GUIDED GRAND CANYON BACKPACKING TOURS: Read our article about our five most popular guided backpacking trips!
- 5 BEST GRAND CANYON BACKPACKING TRIPS: Read our article about what we think the 5 best backpacking trips are!
- HOW TO HIKE RIM TO RIM IN THE GRAND CANYON: Learn what it takes to hike Rim to Rim – training, packing, route information and more!
- TRAINING FOR GRAND CANYON HIKE: Information about training for your Grand Canyo hike, whether it’s with Wildland Trekking or on your own!
- GRAND CANYON BACKPACKING PERMITS: Learn about the complicated Grand Canyon backcountry permit system and how to apply.