Join the Wildland Management/Admin Team
Work in a fun, challenging and rewarding environment!
With offices spread out around the USA and many employees working remotely, we are a virtual team operating with a singular focus: to run a great organization that enriches peoples’ lives through adventure. Open administrative/management positions can include many departments, including accounting, payroll, human resources, operations, marketing and more.
When it comes to field staff, what comes to mind is our large pool of incredibly skilled guides who in several locations, are also trained as llama wranglers. But our field operations could not operate without the skill and dedication of other important local in-person staff such as: drivers, warehouse assistants, program manager assistant, and program manager. With soon to be 10 local branches (Moab and Alaska are in the making for 2024), you could be working from any of these incredible office locations.
- Warehouse Assistant: You love to be at the heart of the beehive and organize, count, clean-up, repair, jump from one task to the next, run to the grocery store, load and unload vehicles, etc.
- Program Manager and Program Manager Assistant: You love to schedule, organize, coordinate, problem solve, and… lead our passionate team of guides. You need a deep understanding of what guiding our trips feels like, and know your program area in and out, and love to interact and coordinate with the other departments of the company (Hiring and Staffing, Operations, Accounting and Payroll, etc.)
hybrid and remote POSITIONS:
But it takes a lot more than the field teams to keep our guests registered on trips, our permits secured, our vehicle and gear allocated to the right region and season, etc. We hire a number of skilled and dedicated in various areas of operations:
- Adventure Consultants: handling most of the guests’ interactions outside of the actual trips, our adventure consultants are outstanding customer service who thrive for organization and detail. They have to understand the uncountable logistical pieces that differentiate each of the trips we offer. They are fully remote, work as a team to answer phone calls and emails and get dozens of guests registered on trips each day of the year!
- Marketing, Hiring and Staffing, Human Resources and Payroll, Accounting, Permit and Fleet Management, Operations: those roles require specific skills and experience. Most are hybrid jobs or fully remote jobs. Our teams are spread out throughout the country and meet in-person at least once a year, although some positions do travel to our branches on a regular basis.
Current Open Positions:
The Hiring Coordinator plays a pivotal role in the successful recruitment and hiring of Wildland Trekking field staff. The Hiring Coordinator supports the Hiring Manager throughout the full process of field staff hiring from recruitment to reviewing qualified applicants to interviewing to job offers. The Hiring Coordinator performs all duties to the standards stipulated by Intrepid and Wildland Trekking’s policies and practices. They may also be expected to perform other duties from time to time which may fall outside the scope of these responsibilities as business circumstances dictate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Extensive knowledge of the industry and best hiring practices;
• Travel industry work experience, preferably as a tour leader or guide;
• Excellent communication (verbal & written) in English;
• Proficiency with Google Drive apps, Microsoft Office/Excel and previous experience with a CRM system; Salesforce preferred;
• Strong multi-tasking & organization skills;
• Office duties required, ability to lift up to 20 pounds and work at a computer station up to 40 hours per week;
• Must pass a background check;
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• A strong knowledge Wildland Trekking’s style of travel, operating systems and trips;
• An understanding of regional culture and business etiquette;
• Previous hiring and recruitment work preferred;
• The ability to work with a diverse group of leaders/guides with sensitivity, recognizing the demands of group leading;
• Ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously;
• A willingness to work flexible hours and remain on task in a remote environment;
• A capacity to make decisions independently;
• An understanding of and commitment to customer satisfaction;
• The ability to work in a team environment;
This position can be performed fully remote, with an opportunity to work in an office if residing near a regional base. This position is full-time, seasonal at an average of 30 hours a week from October 15 to June 1. Must be available during business hours during your defined shift, which is generally defined as 9am-5pm to conduct interviews. A willingness to maintain a flexible schedule and work weekends and/or holidays is also necessary. This position does require good working internet and cell coverage as well as an ability to conduct video interviews in a quiet environment, free from distractions.
Please email [email protected] for a full job description and link to apply. Applications will be accepted until 12/11.