Presidential Peaks and the Appalachian Trail
Bretton Woods, NH
- Appalachian Trail Hiking
- Cozy Backcountry Huts
- Summit Mount Washington
- Mountain Creeks & Alpine Lakes
- Gourmet Lunches & Hot Drinks
- Sweeping Views
- Summit opportunity on Mt. Washington
Join Wildland Trekking for an incredible 4 days in the highest mountains in New Hampshire, the Presidential Range! Known as the centerpiece of the White Mountains, the Presidential Range culminates at the highest point in the Northeastern United States – the summit of Mount Washington at 6,288 feet above sea level!
This trek offers an opportunity that is rare in the USA – the ability to hike deep into stunning wilderness while spending our nights in comfortable backcountry huts. Our trek will take us from the ecologically diverse forests that encompass the amazing White Mountains (home to black bear, moose, fox and more) up to high alpine ridges and peaks where expansive views will take your breath away. Our route follows the Appalachian Trail across multiple iconic summits including Mounts Monroe, Mount Eisenhower, Mount Franklin and Mount Pierce to name a few. And our nightly lodging includes a comfortable bunk, running water, toilets, hearty meals and outstanding company.
$1195 Per Person
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3
Our difficulty ratings are based on a scale of 1-5, tours with a rating of 1 being least difficult, tours with a rating of 5 being most difficult
- Backpack Weight:
- 15-25 pounds
- Daily Hiking Distances:
- 4-6 miles
- Most Elevation Loss:
- 3800 feet
- Most Elevation Gain:
- 1877 feet
- Quality of Trails:
- Well Maintained
- This trip packs a lot of hiking into just 3 days, with significant elevation gains and losses which is what earns it a difficulty rating 3.
- be active and healthy
- exercise several times per week
- be comfortable hiking 6-8 miles per day in hilly or mountainous terrain with a 20-pound backpack
SOLITUDE LEVEL 2
1 least solitude, 5 most solitude
We rate this hiking trip a solitude 2. You can expect to have as much as an hour of solitude at a time.
TRAVEL TO BRETTON WOODS
All White Mountains trips begin and end at the AMC Highland Center near Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. Most guests fly into a regional New Hampshire airport and drive to Bretton Woods via rental car. The nearest airport to is Manchester-Boston Regional Airport in central New Hampshire, approximately two driving hours away. Manchester-Boston is served by domestic airlines including Delta, United, Southwest, and American. Many international carriers serve Logan International Airport in Boston, an additional 30 minutes away in Massachusetts. Bretton Woods is also accessible via bus, Greyhound and Concord bus lines.
From central and south-central New Hampshire (Manchester, Concord, etc.):
- Take Interstate 93 North to Route 3 North (Exit 35).
- Take Route 3 North to Route 302 East (near Twin Mountain).
- Take Route 302 East approximately 10 miles to the Highland Center, located roadside right on Route 302.
From Boston and its suburbs:
- Take Interstate 93 North to central New Hampshire.
- Follow directions above for central New Hampshire. From Portland, Maine:
- Take Route 302 West to the Crawford Notch Depot Visitor Center, located roadside left on Route 302.
Traveling in perfect company is a wonderful thing! With our private trip offerings you can book a trip exclusively for your group. Whether it’s with family, friends or colleagues, private trips are a fun and enriching way to explore the outdoors.
Private trip pricing is based on a sliding scale, depending on the number of people in your party. Rates are per person and do not include sales tax and national park fees (where applicable) or guide gratuity. Give us a call at 800-715-HIKE to get the ball rolling!
Private Rates FOr This Trip
- 2 People: Rate x 2
- 3 People: Rate x 1.3
- 4 People: Rate x 1.1
- 5+ People: Rate x 1
*all rates are per person