Best of Yosemite Valley Winter Tour
Yosemite National Park5.0 (5 reviews)
- Private Tours (Groups of 2+)
- Includes Entrance into Yosemite
- Half-day & Full-day Versions
- Transportation Provided
- Stunning Yosemite Views
- Breathtaking Waterfall Hike(s)
- Iconic Photography Opportunities
- Top-shelf Backpack & Trekking Poles
- Breakfast, Snacks & Lunch
Join Wildland Trekking for a wonderful half-day or full-day tour of Yosemite National Park in winter! This sight-seeing and hiking tour (snowshoeing in the case of deeper snow) is offered to anyone staying in the town of Mariposa, CA; at Autocamp Yosemite; anywhere on the Highway 140 corridor east of Mariposa, or in Yosemite Valley. We will pick you up at your accommodations the morning of your tour and provide a refreshing continental breakfast while we enjoy a scenic shuttle along the Merced River into Yosemite Valley (unless you’re already in the Valley.)
Your guide will explain the fascinating natural and cultural history of Yosemite while we visit the must-see highlights of “the Valley.” You will experience iconic views, winter waterfalls, towering granite monoliths, pristine rivers and more as we make our way through the Park. Both the half-day and full-day tours include light hikes or snowshoe excursions, with the full-day tour featuring a longer hike/snowshoe.
You can read about the specific itineraries, select dates and book online below. And we’re here 7 days a week to answer any questions at 800-715-HIKE (4453)!
This tour is operated from November through February.
Please Note: If you’re interested in this tour during the spring, summer or fall, check out our standard Best of Yosemite Valley Tour.
$135-$570 Per Person
$225-$620 Per Person
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 2
Scale of 1-5. 1 is least difficult; 5 is most difficult
This trip follows well maintained trails. Some concerns include loose dirt, large stepping stones and tree roots. Some trails are likely to have icy and/or snowy sections. The half-day version and full-day version vary on the hiking distances and elevation gains as detailed below.
Max Daily Elev. ↑↓:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS TRIP
- Hiking uphill or downhill with a 8-12 lb backpack for 3-5 hours
- Hiking with occasional, light heights exposure
- Hiking on trails with snowy and/or icy sections
SOLITUDE LEVEL 3
- Level 1: around other hikers the entire time
- Level 2: around other hikers most of the time
- Level 3: around other hikers some of the time
- Level 4: see a couple other groups during the hike
- Level 5: most likely to have the trail to ourselves
Leave a Reply