High Peaks of the Pemigewasset Hut to Hut Trek
Bretton Woods, NH
- Stunning Scenery
- High Peaks & Deep Forests
- Cozy Mountain Huts
- Amazing Natural & Cultural History
- Mountain Creeks & Waterfalls
- Possibility of Wildlife
Join Wildland Trekking for an incredible 4 days in the famous Pemigewasset Wilderness! Standing out as the largest designated wilderness in the White Mountains, the ‘Pemi’ (as locals call it) is home to moose, deer, and black bear who make their homes among the pristine brooks and impressive waterfalls the area is known for. This tour isn’t all in the woods, however! After we ascend above tree line to the historic Appalachian Trail we will summit multiple iconic peaks including South Twin Mountain (4,902 ft) and Mt. Guyot (4,580 ft).
This unique tour offers an opportunity that is rare within the Unites States – the ability to trek deep into stunning backcountry while spending our nights at comfortable huts with like-minded hikers from across the globe. Our route follows the Appalachian Trail across multiple iconic summits and our nightly lodging includes a comfortable bunk, running water, toilets, hearty meals and outstanding company.
Do you want to see the best of what the Northeast backcountry has to offer in the company of professional and knowledgeable guides, all without carrying a full backpack or sleeping on the ground? This unique tour is the adventure for you!
$1195 Per Person
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 2
Our difficulty ratings are based on a scale of 1-5, tours with a rating of 1 being least difficult, tours with a rating of 5 being most difficult
- Backpack Weight:
- 15-25 pounds
- Daily Hiking Distances:
- 3-7 miles
- Most Elevation Loss:
- 2250 feet
- Most Elevation Gain:
- 1100 feet
- Quality of Trails:
- Well Maintained
- With a maximum hiking distance of 7 miles and max elevation gain of 2250 feet, and the fact we’re hiking with relatively light backpacks (compared with backpacking trips), this trip earns a solid Level 2 difficulty rating based on our 1-5 system.
- be active and healthy
- exercise several times per week
- be comfortable hiking 6-8 miles per day in hilly or mountainous terrain
SOLITUDE LEVEL 2
1 least solitude, 5 most solitude
We rate this hiking trip a solitude 2. You can expect to have as much as an hour of solitude at a time.
All White Mountains trips begin and end at the AMC Highland Center near Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. Most guests fly into a regional New Hampshire airport and drive to Bretton Woods via rental car. The nearest airport to is Manchester-Boston Regional Airport in central New Hampshire, approximately two driving hours away. Manchester-Boston is served by domestic airlines including Delta, United, Southwest, and American. Many international carriers serve Logan International Airport in Boston, an additional 30 minutes away in Massachusetts. Bretton Woods is also accessible via bus, Greyhound and Concord bus lines.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE HIGHLAND CENTER
From central and south-central New Hampshire (Manchester, Concord, etc.):
- Take Interstate 93 North to Route 3 North (Exit 35).
- Take Route 3 North to Route 302 East (near Twin Mountain).
- Take Route 302 East approximately 10 miles to the Highland Center, located roadside right on Route 302.
From Boston and its suburbs:
- Take Interstate 93 North to central New Hampshire.
- Follow directions above for central New Hampshire. From Portland, Maine:
- Take Route 302 West to the Crawford Notch Depot Visitor Center, located roadside left on Route 302.
Traveling in perfect company is a wonderful thing! With our private trip offerings you can book a trip exclusively for your group. Whether it’s with family, friends or colleagues, private trips are a fun and enriching way to explore the outdoors.
Private trip pricing is based on a sliding scale, depending on the number of people in your party. Rates are per person and do not include sales tax and national park fees (where applicable) or guide gratuity. Give us a call at 800-715-HIKE to get the ball rolling!
Private Rates FOr This Trip
- 2 People: Rate x 2
- 3 People: Rate x 1.3
- 4 People: Rate x 1.1
- 5+ People: Rate x 1
*all rates are per person