Privacy Collection Notice
Where you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to offer our services to you or respond to your enquiries.
What purposes is your personal information collected for?
We collect, hold, use and share your personal information for the following purposes:
- where you make an enquiry or book a trip, we collect personal information, such as passport information, to arrange and provide you with the products and services you have requested and booked;
- to manage our relationship with you and provide you with updates on any bookings, relevant information and any applicable tickets;
handling feedback and complaints;
- to contact you in the event of an emergency;
- if you provide us with sensitive medical information, this will be used in the event of a medical emergency and ensuring any specific needs you may have are catered for on your trip;
- providing information to governments or local authorities where required by law to do so;
- inform you of Wildland products and services we think you may be interested in and offer you deals and discounts;
- to improve our products and services, enhance your customer experience and to improve our booking and website experience;
- look for trends and future destinations and itinerary opportunities; and
- if you apply for a job with us, your personal information will be used to process your application and communicate with you in respect of your application.
How will we disclose your personal information?
We may share your personal information, as follows:
- in order to handle your enquiry, product or service request or manage your booking we may share your personal information within the Wildland Trekking Group, with our partners, travel providers, third party operators, suppliers and service providers and government authorities;
- with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our products and services including with service providers, marketers and third parties who undertake research, feedback and analytics;
- where you consent to us sharing your personal information;
- within our related entities, including with the Intrepid Group; or
- where authorised or required to do so by law, or with insurance providers or medical personnel.
Some parties with whom we share your personal information may be located outside of the United States, in countries such as Australia. We ensure that we have appropriate safeguards in place for the transfer of personal information.
Access to your personal information
You can ask us for access to your personal information and to correct any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you by contacting us on the information set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Where possible we will comply with your request, however, there may be instances where we cannot fulfil your request. We will always communicate with you any consequences before going forward, or give you written reasons for any refusal (where we able to do so under applicable law).
How to contact us
One of our Privacy Officers will contact you within a reasonable time frame after receiving your enquiry or request to verify who you are in order to locate any accounts or bookings you may have with us or ask any follow up questions to better understand your enquiry.