COVID-19 Protocols and Agreements
Learn what we're doing to keep our guests and our guides as safe as possible as life returns to normal!
Below are the current COVID-19 policies and protocols for the guests and staff of Wildland Trekking, Wildland Llamas and Wildland International. We strongly recommend that you take the time to understand the most up-to-date version of these protocols before your trip begins. Below you will find:
- The current guest agreement
- Most up-to-date facemask policy
- Transportation policies
- Dining policies
- Staff vaccination requirement
If you have any questions about any information on this page, please reach out to our Adventure Consultant team at 800-715-HIKE (4453).
Current COVID-19 Guest Agreement
Updated on 8/22/2022
Wildland Trekking is taking steps to mitigate potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 through a set of COVID-19 Operating Procedures. When you register you will be asked to read and agree to abide by all COVID-19 trip practices stated herein and detailed below.
These practices and this agreement may be adapted or evolve as conditions change, or if local, state, or federal mandates dictate something different or additional. It is your responsibility to understand the most current policies and protocols that will be followed on your trip. This is the most up-to-date version.
Additionally, by agreeing to abide by the policies below you acknowledge that Wildland cannot guarantee that you won’t be exposed to the COVID-19 virus on your trip despite the safety protocols described. You also knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, including COVID-19. The Wildland Trekking Company, Wildland Llamas and Wildland International are not responsible for any loss associated with a COVID-19 infection.
COVID-19 Trip Practices include the following:
All guests share a responsibility to adhere to the direction of their guide in following the practices stated herein. Non-compliance with guide direction may lead to trip dismissal.
Any guest who has been in close contact with someone known to have COVID-19, or who develops symptoms (see list of symptoms) or who tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of their scheduled trip will not be allowed to join the trip without a negative COVID-19 test result.
Acceptable tests include*:
- 1 PCR Test – must be administered by a healthcare provider
- 2 FDA Approved Home Kit Tests – must produce two negative results over three days with at least 24 hours between tests
* In the case of a COVID-19 exposure, the test(s) must be conducted more than 72 hours after the exposure.
Results must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to trip departure. Please email the results to [email protected].
During a trip
Facemasks may need to be worn on forms of public transportation, in company-owned vehicles, in any business that requires a mask, if anyone on a trip develops COVID-19 symptoms, and at any other time a Wildland Trekking representative deems it necessary. Facemasks will also be required when local, state, or federal mandates dictate their use, and according to current CDC recommendations or official recommendations for countries abroad. To understand current facemask requirements for your trip, see below. It is recommended to have 2-3 facemasks on all trips.
Any guest who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a trip will be tested if a testing kit is available. If a guest tests positive on a trip, and an evacuation is practicable, the guest may be removed. If a guest tests positive and they are not evacuated, the guest will be isolated to the extent possible from the rest of the group. Evacuated guests may be transported from the field by company vehicle, helicopter, or ambulance. All evacuation costs, post-evacuation logistical & medical care, and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the guest.
When anyone on a trip develops COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of test results, all group members will be required to wear face masks in vehicles and other indoor spaces where practicable for the duration of the tour.
We recommend guests carry 2-3 facemasks and their own over-the-counter, rapid antigen COVID-19 tests when traveling. Travel insurance covering COVID-19 related illness and evacuation is also strongly recommended.
Any guest who develops COVID-19 symptoms (see list of symptoms) 10 days post-trip should contact us at 1-800-715-4453 to inform us of their symptoms. In such a situation, all staff and guests from that trip will be called to inform them.
Current COVID-19 Operating Procedures
Updated on 8/22/2022
- All trips that normally include transportation will have transportation provided.
- Use of face masks to cover nose and mouth maybe required in vehicles and other indoor spaces.
- International trips outside the USA may have different group sizes, transportation protocols and general COVID-19 policies due to a destination’s regional laws and/or current rules.
- On tours that include restaurant meals, we are dining indoors at restaurants.
- Facemasks, regardless of vaccination status, must be worn:
- in vehicles and other indoor spaces if a member of the group develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
- in any business, public transit or region that requires a mask (local laws and rules will always supersede the Wildland policy)
- at any other time Wildland Trekking deems it necessary
- We recommend all guests pack 2-3 facemasks for multi-day trips and 2 rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
Field Staff COVID-19 Vaccinations
Wildland Trekking, with the safety of our guests and employees at the forefront, has implemented a COVID-19 vaccine requirement for our front-line staff. All of our warehouse personnel, drivers, porters, program management and guides have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless exempt for medical or religious reasons.